Resources for Helpful Hearing
IMPORTANT: When cleaning, always hold your hearing instrument over a soft surface (like a towel) to avoid damage if you drop it.
Use the MULTI-TOOL for cleaning:
The multi-tool has three parts. A wire loop on one end that can be used for picking debris out of the hearing aid. In this photo the wire loop is on the left end of the black tool. A magnet on the opposite end for easier battery handling, and a brush on the inside. The brush can be replaced if it becomes damaged or dirty.
How To Change A Dome
We recommend replacing the dome at least once a month.
Steps to change the dome:
1. Hold on to the thin 2. Place the thin tube 3. Push firmly to ensure the
tube and pull off the exactly in the middle earpiece is fastened Dome. of the Dome. securely.
How To Change a Pro Wax Filter
2. Remove 3. Insert
Remove the tool Push the empty pin into Insert the new wax filter
from the shell. The the wax filter in the speaker. using the other pin,
Tool has two pins, and pull it out. remove the dirty filter
one empty for removal and throw it away.
and one with the new
How to Test Your Battery
Without a battery tester
– Insert the battery in the hearing aid and close the battery drawer. Close your hand around the hearing aid and hold it up to your ear. If the hearing aid is squealing, the battery is functioning.
With a battery tester
– Place your battery on/in the tester. Ensure that the positive side is facing the plus on the tester. Read the result on the display.
Hearing aid batteries should last 3-7 days. Hearing Zone staff can tell you what size/color batteries you use. Keep in mind there is significant differences in the quality of hearing aid batteries depending on the manufacturer. Hearing Zone carries the #1 rated hearing aid battery: Rayovac Proline. Our batteries are guaranteed fresh!
How to Pair Your OPN Hearing Aids with Your iPhone
Check Your Hearing
Streamer Pro lets you talk on your mobile phone hands-free, effectively turning your hearing aids into a wireless headset. This feature is especially important when you’re driving in a car. When you receive a call, just a push of a button on the streamer will answer the call. Thank to the neck loop, the streamer is conveniently placed with a built-in microphone close to your mouth.
Before the streamer can be used with other devices, such as an iPhone or mobile phones, the two devices have to be paired.
- Put the streamer in pairing mode by pressing and holding the on/off button for approximately 5 seconds, until the on/off indicator blinks blue.
- The on/off indicator will switch to steady blue to indicate successful pairing.
- Both Streamer Pro and your mobile phone need to be in pairing mode.
- The PIN code for Streamer Pro (if requested) is 0000 (four zeros).